Manpreet Badal announces health budget. To restore the health of all the citizens of Punjab, while some new initiatives
are being taken, some of the existing would be reinforced and remodelled to address
the problem in a focussed manner. New tertiary level infrastructure is being created in
the field of cancer and drug de-addiction in the State Medical Colleges.77 crore: For providing affordable and accountable health care services to
the community under National Health Mission Programme.
• `38 crore: For providing emergency response services (108-Ambulance
Services) medical helpline (104) in the State.
• `30 crore: For treatment of cancer patients under CM Cancer Relief Fund.
• `100 crore: Universal Health Insurance for the under privileged people.
• `50 crore: creation of cancer and drug de-addiction treatment infrastructure.
• ` 50 crore: Establishment of Primary Rural Rehabilitation & Drug De-addiction
centres in the State.
• ` 50 crore: Tertiary Care Cancer Centre.new Medical College will be opened and set up at SAS Nagar (Mohali) with an
additional outlay of `10 crore in 2017-18. This will help people of Punjab to have better
health facilities and will also help to reduce the shortage of doctors. For providing better
health care for Cancer patients, Tertiary Care centres are being set up with the cost of
`50 crore at Fazilka and Hoshiarpur. `100 crore has been provided for upgradation of
infrastructure in the Government Medical College and Hospital, Patiala for providing
better facilities to the people.The State has planned to transform approximately 3000 centres in rural and
urban areas as ‘Health & Wellness Clinics’. These Clinics will ensure preventive as well
as limited curative services. The programme will be implemented in a phased manner
and this year itself 200 centres will be made operational.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook