2018 Honda Amaze Vs Hyundai Xcent: Specifications Comparison. The new Honda Amaze is set to launch in India on 16 May 2018. And with the update, the Amaze will get a new design, a CVT gearbox with the diesel engine and more features too. However, is it enough to give it an edge over the feature-rich Hyundai Xcent? Let’s find out.
- At 3995mm, both the sub-4 metre sedans are identical in length. However, the Xcent is taller by 19mm
- The Amaze is wider and has a larger wheelbase when compared to the Xcent. This could result in more legroom and shoulder room for rear occupants
- At 420 litres, the 2018 Amaze has the largest boot in its class
- Although both the cars are powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine, the Amaze leads the Xcent in terms of power by 7PS. However, when it comes to the torque output, the Xcent pips the Amaze by 3Nm
- Both the cars are offered with both manual (5MT) and automatic transmission options. However, the Amaze gets a more modern CVT automatic against the Xcent’s older 4-speed torque converter unit
- The Amaze CVT comes with paddle shifters in the petrol-powered V variant. It allows you to change gear ratios in a more easier manner.
- The Amaze gets a more powerful diesel engine that outclasses the Xcent’s 1.2-litre unit by 25PS and 10Nm
- The Amaze diesel can also be had with an automatic transmission, whereas the Xcent diesel is available with a manual transmission only
- With the CVT, the Amaze’s diesel engine produces an output of 80PS/160Nm, which is lower than what it makes with the manual transmission. Honda says it has been done to provide a smoother driving experience. At 80PS, it still makes more power than the Xcent’s diesel engine
Honda has not yet revealed the entire feature list of the 2018 Amaze. But from what we know so far, it is going to be packed to the brim with all the features you’d want in a Rs 10 lakh sedan. The top-spec VX variant will get features such as automatic climate control, cruise control, 7.0-inch Digipad 2 touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options, rear parking camera with sensors, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs (outside rearview mirrors), height adjustable driver seat, push-button start-stop, LED positioning lights and 15-inch alloy wheels. In terms of safety features, the 2018 Amaze will be equipped with dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat anchors as standard across the range.
The Xcent, too, is one of the best-equipped cars in the segment. In addition to what the Amaze gets in its top variant, the Xcent gets LED DRLs, rear AC vents and a cooled glovebox.
Also Read: Honda Amaze 2018 Review: In Pictures
We expect the 2018 Honda Amaze to be priced in the Rs 5.39 lakh to Rs 8.75 lakh price bracket. At this price point, it will be one of the most affordable sub-4 metre sedans in the country as far as the entry-level prices are concerned. The Hyundai Xcent’s prices start from Rs 5.46 lakh and go up to Rs 8.57 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Related: Honda Amaze Expected Prices In India: Can It Undercut The Maruti Dzire?
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook