Mohammed Ryaz And Rishad Dadachanji Scorch The Valley Run 2018. Speed lovers thronged to the Aamby Valley air strip in Lonavala to see some of the fastest machines and their riders/drivers test their mettle. Scorching heat, a dusty track, changing winds and administrative delays did not deter both the participants and spectators from enjoying some close fought battles down the quarter-mile stretch of the Aamby Valley air strip.
In its 6th edition, the drag race event organised by Elite Octane Inc. saw a claimed 475 entries try their hands at topping the sheets in 13 two-wheeler classes and 25 four-wheeler classes. While most of the events were sanctioned by the FMSCI (Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India), many of the heavy hitters raced in the Promoter Classes.
While there was obviously a large presence of competitors from Mumbai and Pune, the event saw people coming from as far as Kolkata compete. In the two-wheeler categories, it was participants from Mumbai who dominated. The fastest time of the event though, was clocked by Hyderabadi Mohammed Ryaz, who clocked a time of 9.686 seconds on his Yamaha YZF-R1 in the M9 ( 881cc to 1050cc, 4-Stroke) class.
Racing in the vast car categories saw two prominent names emerge, one each for the fastest time by a car manufactured in India and the fastest time set by a foreign manufactured car. Mumbaikar Rishad Dadachanji took the coveted fastest car at the Valley Run 2018 award and the category win in the J – Unrestricted Class with a time of 10.849 seconds in his orange Lamborghini Huracan. Rishad posted consistent lap times throughout the weekend with 10.962s and 10.973s in the H3 and the I2 & I3 (Merged) Classes, respectively.
Meanwhile, it was the turn of one of Indian enthusiasts’ favourite car, the first-gen Skoda Octavia, to post the fastest time set by an Indian manufactured car. Stephen Panchigalla from Visakhapatnam clocked 13.366s in his Skoda Octavia in the J- Unrestricted Class.
(Class, CC/ Type, Stroke)
- M6 – Class from 361 to 550cc (Indian Produced) – 4-Stroke: 1-Iqbal Shaikh (Mum; KTM RC 390; 13.144s); 2-R Ashwinikumar (Chennai; KTM RC 390; 13.243s); 3-Manthan Harvande (Raigad; KTM 390; 13.290s)
- M7: Class 551 to 850cc (Sport – Inline 3/4) 4-Stroke: 1-Zarvan Batliwala (Mum; Daytona 675; 10.823s); 2-Mohd Riyaz (Secunderabad; Yamaha R6; 10.903s); 3-Prathamesh Boulinjkar (Mum; Triumph Daytona; 10.931s)
- M8: Class from 649 to850cc (Single Twin/L) 4-Stroke: 1-Surya Servai (Mum; Kawazaki Ninja; 12.422s); 2-Zarvan Batliwalla (Mum; Kawasaki EREN; 12.427s); 3-Ratish Nair (Navi Mumbai; Ninja; 12.532s)
- M9: Class 881cc to 1050cc – 4-Stroke – 1-Mohd. Riaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s); 2-Zahir Shah (Mum; BMW s1000RR; 10.001s); 3-Alimon (Bengaluru; Kawasaki Ninja; 10.087s)
- M10: Class 1051cc & Above – 4-Stroke – 1-Zahir Shah (Mum; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.135s); 2-Hemanth Muddappa; Bengaluru; Suzuki Hatyabusa; 10.317s) 3-Harizulla Khan (Bengaluru; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.380s)
- P Muscle Bike – Open: 1-Pravin Jadhav (Pune; 11.746); 2-Ankur Chouksey (Indore; 12.336s); 3-Anvay Patil )(Mum; 14.118s) – all -Ducati Diavel
- O2 (Open Class) Foreign – 551cc & Above, Unrestricted: 1-Sundeep Singh Sokhi (Secunderabad; Kawasaki ZX 14R; 9.917s); 2-Mohd. Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.965s); 3-Zubair Ali Jung (Bengaluru; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.048s)
- W1 – Indian Fastest Wheeler Class: 1-Sachin Khengle (Navi Mumbai; KTM RC 390; 19.312s); 2-Branco Gomes (Mumbai; Pulsar 220; 21.774s); 3-Shabaz Vora (Thane; Bajaj Pulsar; 23.556s)
- W2 Foreign Fastest Wheelie Class: 1-Nadeem Shah (Mumbai; Kawasaki Z1000; 12.502s); 2-Shahbaz Vora (Thane; Triumph; 12.980s).
- Fastest Foreign Bike of Event: O2 Class – Mohammed Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s)
- Fastest Time of Event: O2 Class – Mohammed Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s)
- Fastest Rider of Event – Female: M9 Class Sonia Patel (Guj; Aprilla RSV4; 11.854s)
- Fastest Time of Event – Female: M9 Class Sonia Patel (Guj; Aprilla RSV4; 11.854s).
(Class, CC/ Type, Stroke)
- A1: Cars from 1150cc (Street Petrol): 1-Nishan Naik (Mum; 18.473s); 2-Omkar Keny (Mum; 18.661s) – both Maruti Zen; 3-Dylan DS (Mum; Maruti Alto 18.908s)
- A2: Cars from 1151 to 1450c (Street Petrol): 1-Kartik Konchady (Mum; Maruti Esteem; 17.896s); 2-Pratik Rajput (Thn; Maruti Esteem; 17.946s); 3-Biten Jagasia (Mum; Swift Dezire; 18.245s)
- A3: Cars from 1451 to 1650c (Street Petrol): 1-Rahul Joshi (Mum; Honda City; 17.263s); 2-Harshal Patel (Mum; Honda City; 17.918s); 3-Jeet Tapaswi (Pune; Maruti Baleno; 17.936s)
- A4: Cars from 1651 to 2050c (Street Petrol) X-factor of 1.7 on Turbo: 1-Mikhail Fernandes (Mum; 16.367s); 2-Manan Rajgor (Mum; 16.480s) – both VW Polo GT TSI; 3-Swapnil Mekal (Mum; Honda Civic; 16.638s)
- A5: Cars from 2051 to 2550c (Street Petrol) X-factor of 1.7 on Turbo: 1-Tanmay Hotkar (Mum; Fiat Abrath Punto; 16.121s); 2-Sankkait Pathaare (Mum; Honda Accord; 16.128s); 3-Sagar Dangat (Pune; Honda Accord; 16.843s)
- A6: Cars from 2551 to 3060c (Street Petrol): 1-Umar Artani (Mum; 14.565s); 2-Abubakar Artani (Mum; 14.602s); 3-Alton John D’Souza (Goa; 16.236s) – all Skoda Laura
- A7: Cars from 3061 & Above (Street Petrol): 1-Anant Pithwalla (Mum; Skoda Octavi; 13.638s); 2-Minaam Multani (Mum; Mercedes CLA 200; 14.534s)
- B1 + B2 (Merged): Cars from 1150cc to 1450cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1- Md. Patel (Mum; Maruti Suzuki; 15.452s); 2-Tabish Patel (Mum; 15.799s); 3-Hussein Kachwalla (Mum; 16.183s) – both Maruti Esteem
- B3: Cars from 1451 to 1650cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Tejas Gaikwad (Mum; 15.929s); 2-Swajit Achrekar (Mum; 16.051s); 3-Sandeep Rajdev (Navi Mum; 16.764s) – All Honda City
- B4 + B5 (merged): Cars from 1651 to 2550cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Kamlesh Parmar (Mum; 14.291s); 2-Amit Kansara (Mum; 15.998s) – both Honda City; 3-Winston Brito (Goa; Maruti Esteem; 16.440s)
- B6: Cars from 2551 to 3060cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Anant Pithwala (Mum; 13.638s); 2-Tarun Manchanda (Mum; 13.887s); 3-Om Shaikh (Mum; 18.427s) – All Skoda Laura
- G: Indian Open – Stock & Unrestricted – Stock Body: 1-Anant Pithawalla (Mum; Skoda Laura; 13.417s); Vivek Ramchander (Bangalore; Laura TDI; 13.703s); Vikram Walia (Mum; Polo GT TSI; 13.858s)
- G2: Indian Open – Stock & Unrestricted – Altered/ Unrestricted: 1-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.917s)
- H1: Foreign Cars up to 3000cc (CBU/ Imports – Street – Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Danish Patel (Mum; 13.338s); 2-Anthony John (Mum; 13.734s) – VW Polo GT; 3-Sumukh Chabriaa (Mum; Mini Cooper; 13.973s)
- H2: Foreign Cars 3001 to 4000cc (CBU/ Imports – Street – Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Daljit Mehta (Mum; Porsche Carrera GTS; 12.474s); 2-Sundeep Sokhi (Hyd; Porshe Cayman S; 13.615s); 3-Abhishek Tapadia (Aurangabad; Porshe Cayman S; 13.711s)
- H3: Foreign Cars 4001cc & Above (CBU/ Imports – Street – Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.962); 2-Pranav Ghule (Mum; Audi R8; 11.413s)
- I1: Foreign Cars – Cars upto 3000cc– PRO Stock – Petrol/ Diesel – Foreign: 1-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; BMW M3; 12.543s); 2-Biren Pithwalla (Mum; Mitsubishi Lancer Evo; 12.668s); 3-Dharam Shah (Mum; Audi TT; 12.904s)
- I2 & I3 (Merged) – Cars 3001cc & Above – PRO Stock – Petrol/ Diesel – Foreign: 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.973); 2-Pranav R Ghule (Mum; Audi R8; 11.378s); 3-Vanrajsinh Thakor (Guj; Porsche Cayenne; 13.626s)
- J: Unrestricted Class – Indian, Foreign & all types: 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.849s); 2-Viral Choksi (Mum; Ford Mustang GT; 12.729s); 3-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s);
- K4: 1651-2050cc – Pro Stock Diesel 1-Shrikant Kandare (Raigad; Maruti Suzuki Ciaz; 17.500s); 2-Anupam Pathak (Mum; Toyota Etios; 18.416s); 3-Niranjan Todkari (Pune; Skoda Fabia; 18.774s)
- K5: 2051-2550cc – Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Junior Braganza (Goa; 16.078s); 2-Keith De’Souza (Goa; 16.789s) – both VW Polo GT TDI; 3-Akshay Mestry (Mum; VW Ameo; 17.106s)
- K6: 2551-3060cc – Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Vivek Ramchander (B’Lore; Skoda Laura; 13.963s); 2-Vikram Walia (Mum; BMW 320D; 14.414s); 3-Niket Bhanushali (Mum; BMW 320D; 15.595s)
- K7: 3061cc and Above – Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Tanmay Ugale (Pune; BMW 525D; 14.644s); 2-Dhairyasheel Patil (Satara; BMW 330D; 14.883s); 3-Jhanvi Bhavsar (Mum; BMW 525D; 14.892s)
- F: Indian Cars with Foreign Engine: 1-Jitendra Suri (Mum; Honda City; 13.638s); 2-Mohannadali Patel (Mum; Maruti Suzuki 16.237s); 3-Tabish Patel (Mum; Maruti Zen; 17.042s)
- Fastest Foreign Car: J Class – Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.849s)
- Fastest Indian Car: J Class – Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s);
- Best Tuner – Indian Car: Tvara Performance (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s)
- Fastest Indian Car (Diesel): K6 Class -Vivek Ramchander (B’Lore; Skoda Laura; 13.963s)
- Best Tuner – Indian Car (Diesel): K6 Class -Tuneotronics (B’lore; Laura TDI; 13.963s)
- Fastest Driver (Female): K7 Class – Jhanvi Bhavsar (Mum; BMW 525D; 14.892s).
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook