Derabassi :major fire broke out at Ind-Swift Labs, situated at Bhagwanpaur village on Derabassi-Barwala road here on Wednesday. Though no casualty was reported but the loss of machinery, solvents and plant worth Rs 15 crores had been reported by the company officials. Fire tenders from Derabassi controlled the fire after two hours.
The sources from pharmaceutical unit said that the fire broke out due to static charge when the workers were mixing the chemical solvents at around 10 am. The fire immediately spread to highly inflammable solvents due to which 20 workers on duty rescued themselves by leaving the plant instead of using fire fighting equipments.
It has been learnt that goods worth crores besides a huge stock of pharmaceutical products and chemicals had perished in the fire.
Two fire tenders from Derabassi were pressed into the service and after 2 hours the firemen could control the blaze. Manjeet Singh, Fire Officer, Derabassi said that two fire tenders were pressed into the service and the team started the rescue work.
Atul Chaubey, Vice Chairman, Ind-Swift said that it was too early to tell the exact loss as the team is still investigating. He said that an estimated loss is between 12 to 15 crores.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook