Bejbehara: Three BSF Personnel were killed and 7 were injured in a Militant attack in Bijbehara area of Anantnag district today afternoon.
3 BSF Personnel identified as Mahadev Ram, Head Constable Ganesh Kumar Shukla and Ganesh Geri son of Ram Iqbal Geri resident of Siliguri ( West Bangal ) died on the spot while 7 Personnel were injured in the attack.
The injured have been identified as:
1. Omair Singh Son of Bilair Singh resident of Rohtak, Haryana,
2. Bishamber Singh Son of Jagat Singh R/O Gawaliar ( MP)
3. Nitish Singh Son of Wasudev R/O Maharashtra.
4. Manturi Singh Son of Sangroor Singh R.O UP.
5. Santosh Kumar resident of Jahanabad, Bihar.
6. Vinod Barogay S/O Sohan Raj R/O Punjab.
7. Sikander Son of Mahinder Lal R/O Himachal Pradesh.
Hizb claims responsibility for attack
Srinagar: Militant outfit Hizbul Mujahideen Friday claimed the responsibility of the attacks on BSF Convoy in South Kashmir’s Bijbehara town of Islamabad district.
Hizbul Mujahideen operational spokesperson Burhan uddin told Srinagar based news agency CNS that “several” Indian troopers were killed in the attack carried out by a special squad of the outfit. “Besides the death of these troopers, many more were critically injured,” he said.
He added that Operation Field Commander of Hizbul Mujahideen has “directed the squad to intensify the attacks till the presence of Indian troopers in Kashmir Valley”. “The attacks on the security establishments will continue,” he claimed.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook