CAT 2018 Registration Commences; Keep These Points in Mind. The registration process for one of the most sought-after management entrances, i.e. CAT 2018 (Common Admission Test) has already begun and shall be open until September 19, 5 pm. All those willing to secure a seat in the prestigious IIMs or the top B-Schools across the country must visit the official website, www.iimcat.ac.in and fill the application form well in time. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for the exam.The examination is conducted for availing admission to post-graduate management programs. CAT will be held on November 25 divided into two sessions, across 147 cities. The exam is conducted by the IIMs on a rotational basis and this time it will be held by the Indian Institute of Management IIM – Calcutta. Below listed are few points to keep in mind for candidates before commencing the registration process to clear any sort of confusion regarding the process.
- During the registration process, candidates will be allowed to select any of the four cities as their examination centre. They will be allotted any one of the four cities from the selected list which will be subject to availability. In situations, where the candidate does not get any centre from among the selected four cities, they will be allotted an examination centre nearby to their metropolis or in close by city.
- The admit cards will be available for download starting from October 24, 2018, on the official website of CAT. Candidates can download the admit card until the date of examination. The centre name which is allotted to the candidate will be mentioned on the admit card itself.
- Candidates must ensure the details fed during the registration process including spellings of name, surname, centers, etc. are mentioned properly. Any error or change later in spellings or centers after the admit card is published won’t be entertained.’
- The Fee payment for registration will be accepted solely through online mode. The fee will not be accepted or is neither payable through bank challan or offline mode. The registration fees for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories is Rs. 950, whereas for candidates belonging to candidates belonging to other categories is Rs. 1900.
- Candidates who have registered themselves under SC, ST or PwD categories are supposed to upload a copy of their SC/ ST/ PwD category certificate at the time of registration. Fees once paid is non-refundable. Candidates need not pay fees more than once, irrespective of how many numbers of institutes you are applying for.
- In case of any obscurity or queries related to the format of the test, candidates can gain an in-depth detail of the format through the tutorial. It will available for candidates on the official CAT website from October 17, 2018. The tutorial will consist of three sections, each dealing with comprehension reading, verbal ability, quantitative ability and data interpretation in addition to logical reasoning.
Students can take a test and practice for their examination and gain an understanding of the CAT examination by solving the mock tests and tutorials. Students will get a total of 60 minutes for completing each section. They will have to complete each one of the sections before proceeding to the next section.
Candidates cannot change any detail once filled after the registration. No change or modifications in the categories of SC, ST, and PwD category or any other category will be entertained post the CAT registration.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook