The 300 star, whose new movie Geostorm hits cinemas this week, was run off the road by a car. The actor, 47, was run off the road by a car while riding his motorbike in Los Angeles and had to be treated for his injuries, with an onlooker calling 911 and paramedics heading to the scene.It’s believed Gerard is not severely injured, with a source telling TMZ: ‘Lucky for him no broken bones just cuts and bruises.’They added: ‘Someone called 911, paramedics came and took Gerard to a nearby hospital where he was treated for his injuries.’It’s said the star was ‘cut off by a car’ forcing him to crash, but he hasn’t been left laid up by the accident and will go ahead with plans to continue to promote his new movie Geostorm following its release next week.MailOnline have contacted a representative for Gerard. The accident comes after Gerard, who is often seen on the back of his motorbike, had recently appeared on Late Night with Seth Meyers to discuss his new role. He plays Jake Lawson – a satellite designer and former space station commander – who tries to save the world after a network of satellites designed to control the global climate start to attack Earth. The acting talent’s role in the new movie is filled with stunts, including him hanging onto many wires and sporting a space suit, and in order to maintain his health, he had followed nutritional advice that recommended taking bee venom.He had sported a new look during his appearance on the chat show, appearing with a much longer head of hair and a thick beard, and explained that his nutritionist explained bee venom had ‘anti-inflammatory compounds’, saying: ‘He made it sound so logical and I’m thinking I can stay organic and do things in a healthier way instead of trying to take anything else.’The next minute I’m topless in my place and he gives me a shot which is probably about two or three bee stings and then he says, “I’m just going to check you’re not allergic,”… he gives me another ten and then I get up to about 23 bee stings and then I have the worst reaction – I’ve never had an allergic reaction – I get ants in my pants, my arms start swelling up and I get all blotchy.‘My heart’s beating and I think it’s going to explode, so I said to him, “Dude, get the epi-pen… call an ambulance.”‘
Despite his scare, however, Gerard then branded himself a ‘maniac’, as he admitted a few days later he had taken more of the bee venom – convincing himself he hadn’t had an allergic reaction, he had just taken too much at one time.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook