Malout: Sewerage Board Officials and contractual functionaries have again come under the questions about the issue of two lives. Two laborers who went into the sewerage to clean it and died due to Suffocation in manhole. laborers died Sewerage gas According to information, laborers were migrants and identified as Prince Son of Amarnath (25 years) and Sita Ram son of Jeevan Ram (45 years old) went down for cleaning in about 12-15 feet sewerage and fainted due to suffocation of gas in manhole during the cleaning work on Malout to Burj Sidhwan road. They were taken to a nearby private hospital by other workers there, where the doctor declared them dead. City Malout and Sadar police arrived on the spot after getting the information.When talked about the incident with contractor Tarsem Chand he said that it happened due to heat in manhole. Rakesh Mohan Makkar, SDO, Punjab Water Supply and Sewerage Board, Malout, said that manual work was being done for cleaning and repairing of sewerage, due to the heat or suffocation or inhale of gas laborers died.When they asked about the proper arrangements for laying down men for sewerage or repair work ,he said that there should be arrangements for reducing heat and breathing within, which were not. Case is being investigated by ASI Manjit singh. He said that action will be taken after the arrival of relatives.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook