An Indian Company has won the tender for construction of 1000 Electricity Transmission and Trade Project for Central Asia and South Asia (CASA). The company said that the construction of the project will be completed in three years.The construction project will cost around USD 404 million, of which 80 percent will be funded by the World Bank. The remaining 20 percent will be paid by the Afghan government, Afghanistan’s energy and water minister Abdul Basir Azimi said.“Insecurity is the biggest obstacle on the way of investments and economic growth in the country. If government can eradicate insecurity, especially on the route of CASA-1000, then we will benefit from the project,” According to economic affairs analyst Nabi Sadat.This project was inaugurated last year by the Central Asian state leaders in Tajikistan. The $1.2 billion, 750-kilometre-long transmission line expected to be complete by 2018 will allow Pakistan to import electricity from Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan via Afghanistan to minimize its electricity shortage.The Casa-1000 project will include a 750km high voltage direct current (DC) transmission system between Tajikistan and Pakistan via Afghanistan, together with associated converter stations at Sangtuda (1,300MW), Kabul (300MW) and Peshawar (1,300MW).The 477km 500kV alternating current facility will run between the Kyrgyz Republic (Datka) and Tajikistan (Khoujand).
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook