New Delhi: From staying hydrated, moisturising your skin to saying no to hot water bath, it is important to give your skin extra care before the festive season, says an expert.
Preeti Seth, Cosmetologist at Pachouli Spa & Wellness Centre, Delhi, has shared some tips that one must start from now to keep your skin healthy.
* Stay hydrated: The more you keep your body hydrated, the more youthful you will look. Drinking lots of water is the best way to do away with impurities in your skin, and eliminate waste and toxins from your system. So make sure you drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
* Avoid exposure to sun: Although shopping and celebrations are a big part of the festive season, it is best to avoid too much direct exposure to sunlight. The sun’s strong UV rays can damage your skin texture and make you look dull and tanned. When stepping out, carry an umbrella, apply sunscreen of SPF 45, wear sunglasses and full-sleeved clothes.
* Moisturise your skin: Do not wash your face more than twice a day, as it may result in dryness. Additionally, apply a good herbal moisturizer to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
* CTM is a must: One must do CTM — cleansing, toning, moisturising — once a day. You can opt milk for cleansing, a good toner as per your skin type and olive oil for moisturising your skin.
* Say no to hot water for bathing: Use warm water than hot water for bathing as hot water leads to removal of skin oils which makes it dry.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook