Calling BJP ‘Betrayal Jumla Party’, Jat leader Yashpal Malik vowed that lakhs of Jats would block the road leading to the ground where Amit Shah’s proposed rally is to take place in Jind, Haryana. All India Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti (AIJASS) president Yashpal Malik has vowed to disrupt BJP national president Amit Shah’s proposed rally in Jind district (Haryana) on February 15, saying that BJP is the ‘Betrayal Jumla Party’. As per media reports, one lakh motorcyclists are slated to welcome Amit Shah before the rally.Speaking to National Herald, Malik challenged Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to impose Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) and ban mobile internet as always in view of the planned Jat protests. He said lakhs of Jats under his leadership will march towards the rally ground and block the road leading to it. “We will hold Bhaichara Nyay rally (brotherhood justice rally) at the same place where Amit Shah will address the rally. Lakhs of Jats will march with their trolleys and tractors towards the rally ground,” he said.
Demanding justice for those who “laid down their life for Jat reservation”, Malik said, “If our demands are not met, we will not allow Prime Minister Modi to hold election rallies in Haryana in 2019.” “Withdrawing some cases will not make any difference. If cases against terrorists in Kashmir and Patels in Gujarat can be withdrawn, why not against Jats?” questioned Malik. “Not only Amit Shah but Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar has also betrayed the community,” alleged Malik. Referring to the tripartite agreement announced just after the 2016-Jat stir, he blasted Shah for his arrogance, “We met him with a hope to be heard on August 17, 2017 but got nothing except humiliation from the BJP governments.”The Jat leader also asked the state and central government to set a deadline for introducing Jat quota in Haryana. “In Haryana, the matter is pending in the high court and at Centre, the bill is pending in the Lok Sabha. We have got nothing except assurances,” he said. Demanding complete withdrawal of the cases against all Jats, Malik warned if their demands are not met, they will not allow PM Modi to hold rallies during the next general election.
Haryana government on Tuesday announced withdrawal of 70 cases against Jats, which were registered during the February 2016 quota stir. Additional Chief Secretary (Home) SS Prasad said that the state government has approved withdrawal of 223 cases so far in which a total of 2,027 persons are accused. As per media reports, a total of 822 people were accused in 70 FIRs. In December, a similar direction was issued for (the withdrawal of) 15 cases in which 47 persons were accused. As per the claims made by Prasad similar instructions were earlier given in connection with 138 cases, in which 1,158 people were accused.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook