Samastipur (Bihar), Dec 1 (PTI) Four burnt alive in fire at home. Four persons,including two women, were burnt alive when a fire broke out in a house here suspectedly due to short circuit, police said today. The incident took place in Ghosh Lane locality under Town police station area late last night when Sunil Kumar, who ran a motorcycle spare parts shop, had gone to a house in his neighbourhood to attend a wedding, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Samastipur sadar, Tanveer Ahmed said.Kumar was accompanied by his brother and two female family members at the wedding function where they received the news that their house had caught fire. They rushed to the house in a bid to save the valuables but got engulfed by the flames, the Deputy SP said, adding, by the time the blaze was extinguished by fire brigade personnel, all the four had been charred to death.
Ahmed also said that the flames were doused “without much delay, else the fire would have spread to neighboring houses. Kumar had reportedly stocked engine oil inside his house which could have caused the blaze to spread very fast”. The fire appears to have been caused by a short circuit”, the DSP added.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook