Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian Railways.
Here is the new rule decided by the Indian Railways for reservation of ticket that may affect your reservation scenario. Down below there is some information that can help you out while getting your e-ticket.
Change in Indian Railway’s (IRCTC) reservation system from 1st July: –
1) Passengers will get 50% money back on cancellation of instant tickets (refunded). # There are currently no refunds. This can be seen that now the govt. have thought much about it.
2) Tatkal ticket booking rules have changed slightly –
– AC Tatkal tickets for the coach can be booked between 10 and 11 o’clock in the morning.
– Non-AC time for the sleeper coach, this time will be 11 to 12 in the morning.
# same as previous.
3) Waiting list practice will end. – Confirm and RAC only (Reservation Against Cancellation) Tickets can be booked only. # A bit difficult by this rule, no. of trains should be increased for routes.
4) The number of coaches of Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will be increased.
5) Only the mobile ticket will run in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains. Keeping in mind the environment, paperless tickets have been decided.
6) The booking website (IRCTC) will be made available in 15 official languages of India.
7) All “premium” trains will be closed.
8) Passengers will get 50% money back on the “convenience” train ticket cancellation (refunded). #There are currently no refunds.
9) The railway department will also be provided with the facility to raise the passengers by calling their destinations.#an autogenerated call will wake you up.
All these changes could be done on the IRCTC reservation by Indian Railways from July 1, 2017. By the refunds on some of the transactions can help you out.
And after returning 50% of fare on Instant booking also relax the passengers pocket. As the New GST bill will be released on July 1, 2017, so might there be some changes until then these are the new rule decided.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook