New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday filed a chargesheet in a Delhi court against suspected Islamic State supporter Mohammed Naser, accused of motivating people to join the terror outfit. According to court sources, the NIA filed the chargesheet before District Judge Amarnath during the in-camera proceedings. The court then listed the matter for June 9.
The NIA had booked Naser on charges of involvement in terror and criminal conspiracy of the Indian Penal Code. Naser, 23, a resident of Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu, was arrested on December 12, 2015, after his deportation from Sudan. “Investigation has brought on record the incriminating evidence, including documentary and digital, which include text messages, chats, graphic arts and ‘jihadi’ literature on IS. IANS Sharad Kumar “I understand that DG NIA has issued a clarification that his words are being misinterpreted. Let me clarify the position.”
Vikas Swarup MEA spokesperson New Delhi: The reported statement of NIA Chief that so far there is no hand of Pakistan government or its agency in helping JeM carry out the Pathankot attack has triggered a sparring between India and Pakistan with New Delhi saying that involvement of its nationals “is an accepted fact”. Even as the NIA backtracked on its chief Sharad Kumar’s statement, on its part Islamabad, touted his remarks to claim “vindication” of its long standing position in this regard.
The whole row started over a written interview purportedly given by Kumar to a television channel in which he had said “no. So far, no evidence to show that Pakistan government or Pakistani government agency was helping Jaish-e- Mohammed (JeM) or Masood Azhar or his aides carry out Pathankot attack.” Later the NIA issued a statement saying the observation attributed to DG NIA as regards Pathankot investigations “are strongly refuted.” It said his statement has been misquoted. “I would remind you that investigations are ongoing. Foreign Secretary had conveyed to his Pakistani counterpart when they met in New Delhi in April that it was time for review of progress in investigation in the attack after return of Pakistan’s JIT, which had gathered all evidence that it had wanted when it visited India,” External Affairs spokesperson said in a statement.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook