PM Modi deletes condolence tweet.
22 people were killed and around 39 got critically injured in a rush-hour stampede at Mumbai’s Elphinstone railway station’s foot over bridge due to rain last week.Prime Minister Narendra Modi took on twitter to pay his condolences over the loss of life in the stampede in which he wrote “My deepest condolences to all those who have lost their lives due to the stampede in Mumbai. Prayers with those who are injured,” Modi had tweeted but it has now been deleted for no reason has been mentioned in anywhere.The PM was slammed on Twitter for focusing on vanity projects like the bullet train and the Rs 3600 crore-statue of Maratha ruler Shivaji.
In the editorial of Saamna, the Shiv Sena said, “Prime Minister Modi and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal were the ones who introduced the bullet train in the country. Was it necessary to the people now? The Centre should have looked into other matters – station platform, foot over bridge maintenance and reviving train ticket fares. These are the vital issues that the Centre should look into rather than investing into flashy and expensive things.”It is also assumed that Modi deleted his tweet sometime Saturday morning as it was last quoted by twitter user Dhiraj dev who wrote –
How ddep, 6 Feet Sir!! https://t.co/VGVaRYRSNe
— Dhiraj দেৱ (@DhirajDev) 30 September 2017
In a meeting with a top rail officials in Mumbai, after which he announced a slew of safety-related measures and blamed the UPA government for the accident.
“I am not giving an excuse, but problems in Indian Railways aren’t one or two years old, they were accumulated over years and were given to us in 2014 as inheritance,” Newly appointed railway minister Goyal told the media.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook