Tejas Express food poisoning: Two officials were suspended on Sunday after at least 26 people showed symptoms of food poisoning aboard the Goa-Mumbai Tejas Express.Railway spokesperson Anil Saxena told PTI that the area officer of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation in Madgaon and the onboard catering manager will remain suspended till the inquiry committee submits its report and lab results of the samples of food supplied on the train arrive.The IRCTC runs the train’s pantry. “A show cause notice has been served to the catering contractor, and strict action will be taken if found guilty,” IRCTC said in a statement. Passengers who ate the breakfast served on the Mumbai-bound train on Sunday fell ill.They were taken to a hospital in Ratnagiri district after the train stopped in Chiplun village. Konkan Railway Chairman and Managing Director Sanjay Gupta told PTI that none of the patients were in serious condition. The Tejas Express was launched in May amid much fanfare. It covers the distance between Mumbai and Goa in about nine hours.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook