The incident was reported around 11pm on Tuesday when the woman, Annu, was visiting her maternal uncle at his house in Vishwas Nagar. A 24-year-old woman died after coming in contact with a high tension wire while allegedly disposing of her child’s soiled nappy from the terrace of her relative’s house in southwest Delhi’s Bindapur. She went up to the terrace to put out her clothes for drying and tried to throw the soiled nappy to an open land beside their house. “The victim had come to her uncle’s house from Himachal Pradesh along with her son on Sunday for the holidays. She got a strong electric jolt from the wire and was thrown back on the roof. The intensity of the shock was so strong that her clothes caught fire, resulting in burn injuries,” said a police official.Family members told cops that as soon as she threw the nappy, it was pulled towards the high-tension wire passing above their house. Annu too was dragged along. The family too was shocked since the wire was nowhere near the terrace.The victim was taken to a nearby hospital but was referred to Safdarjung hospital considering the extent of the injuries, where she died during treatment. The woman’s body would be handed over to the family members after an autopsy on Wednesday. The investigators would contact the power supply company to establish the situation under which the woman was electrocuted.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook