Ludhiana: 5-year-old Dilpreet Singh suffered from 60 per cent burn injuries when came into contact with high tension wire here on Thursday night at Tajpur road.
Residents on Tajpur Road gathered here on Friday and staged protest against Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL).
According to the doctors of CMC, the victim is in critical condition as high voltage power came into contact with him due to which he suffered with 60 per cent burn injuries.
Kawaljit Singh, father of the victim claimed that “I have given several complaints to the area office but authorities concerned failed to rectify the problem. As mother of the victim also get electric shocks from the dangling wires from electricity poles over the house”.
He added it seemed as if PSPCL is waiting for major mishap and this is why no action is being taken to rectify the problem.
Executive Engineer of PSPCL, Inderjit Singh said, “I am not aware about the matter. I will take immediate action so that residents would not suffer.”
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook