Ludhiana: Parents of different city schools under the banner Parents Association on Sunday staged an ‘Education Freedom March’, against the commercialisation of education.
Later, they held a rally near to the statue of Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha. Swaroop Singh, Member of Parents Association, Ludhiana, said the parents of children studying private unaided to CBSE schools affiliated to CBSE, have certain issues related to commercialisation of education.
Addressing the rally, speakers said there is a need to create a regularity body for all the unaided private schools being run in the country, so as to regulate the proper charging of the fees by the schools. The body should have power to check malpractices and fees to be charged from students. The regularity body should have part to appoint independent auditors for such schools for checking the funds as these are must under CAG and CVC.
The parents participated from the schools such as Bal Bharti Public School; Guru Nanak Public School; Guru Nanak International School; BCM Basant City; BCM Dugri; BCM Sector 32; Sacret Heart Convent School (BRS Nagar); A N D Public School; Nankana Sahib Public School; Green Land Public School Dugri; ST Thomas Public School; DAV Police Lines; MGM Public School; DPS Public School; Rayan International; Convent School Bhatian; Spring Dale Public School and HVM Public School and Shefali International.
• Formulate a regularity body to check malpractices and excess fees to be charged by private unaided schools affiliated to CBSC.
• Formulate a Regulatory Body to check malpractices and excess fees to be charged by Private Unaided Schools Affiliated to CBSE.
• The Government must act promptly to discontinue annual charges, re-admission charges and development funds etc. raised by the private Unaided Schools.
• Tuition fee must be formulated through transparent way and private unaided schools must be barred from excess expenditure and diversion of funds.
• PTA must be formed democratically through election and information of election should be provided to all parents prior one month.
• Loot in the name of books and logo copies must be stopped. These must be made available in the open market.
• The level of education in the government schools must be raised.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook