NIRF India Rankings 2018: On tuesday, National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)-2018, released by the Union ministry of human resource developmen in which five Punjab institutes have made it to the top 100 institutions of India. The rankings were released by HRD minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
Here is the list:
- Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh
- Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET), Patiala
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali.
TIET has been ranked 50th slot in the overall category and 33rd in the university category and 20th in the engineering category.Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali, has been ranked at 55th slot in the overall category. PAU has slipped by 20 positions. It has been ranked 60th in overall ranking as against 40th last year.GNDU has not only made to the top 100 institutions for the first time, it got 86th position in overall ranking and 59 in the university category.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook