Ludhiana: Panic grips Punjab National Bank, Sarabha Nagar Branch as sudden fire erupted in the branch on Friday. At the time of mishap, the customers and staff were present in the bank. The fire officials maintained that the reason behind the fire was short circuit.
Major tragedy was averted as the connection of generator set was disconnected from the main circuit with immediate effect. The staff and customers rushed outside the bank and informed at fire emergency number. The fire extinguishers installed in the building were also used to douse the flames.
Though the work of bank was affected but the bank records, infrastructure and cash was kept safe. The customers alleged that the fire tenders reached later and by the time the flames of fire were doused with the help of fire extinguishers.
Fire Safety Officer, Rajinder Sharma said that the fire tender rushed to the spot immediately after the department received the information. No casualty was reported and the cash, documents was also safe.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook