In the world of politics, Harkrishan Singh Surjeet had played a major role in forming the today and tomorrow of the Indian Political system. He was the backbone of communist party of India. Here are the some facts about the late political leader.
1. Harkishan Singh Surjeet created many leaders in the Indian politics, but he never held any important post during his political career.
2. He continued his rise within the party where he became the General Secretary of Communist Party of India.
3. Surjeet wrote many books like, Land reforms in India, Happenings in Punjab and the outline history of the communist party and wrote many pamphlets on current political scenario.
4. He fought an anti-betterment levy struggle of farmers in 1959. During that period he served as the president and general secretary of All India Kisan Sabha.
5. He was born in a Punjabi Sikh family but during his entire lifetime he remained an atheist.
6. He was a known to take courageous stands and steps towards Khalistaan movement which inspired many others.
7. The 2004 Lok Sabha election and during the 1996-1998 United Front government, his role has been that of a cunning king-maker in parliamentary politics, mending and assembling broad coalitions.
8. He is said to produce many prime ministers from Atal Bihari Vajpayee to I.K Gujral. This states his position in the political scenario.
9. He played an instrumental role in forming number of anti-BJP coalitions and ensured that left party supports UPA during 1990’s.
10. He took his last breath on 25 th July, 2008 at Metro hospital in Noida. Even though Harkrishan Singh Surjeet may have left the earthly world, still he is the Preacher of the Indian Political environment.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook