For all the Latest news download Daily Post news app:-
A Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone allegedly caught fire in a Bengaluru store, according to a report. The mishap was captured on the CCTV camera of the story.As per the video spotted by PhoneRadar, the smartphone can be seen catching fire. As per a preliminary report by TechCase, a Bengaluru resident Arjun purchased an all-new Redmi Note 4 Poorvika Mobile Store in Bengaluru. Later, he went to a local shop in order to get the SIM inserted in the device. When the salesman of the shop tried to open the SIM slot, the smartphone bursts into flames. The phone was burnt completely but no injury was reported from the spot. The incident took place on July 17 and Xiaomi also contacted the owner and replaced the smartphone with a new one. The company also released an official statement saying, “At Xiaomi, customer safety is of utmost importance to us. We have reached out to the customer to investigate this matter, and are awaiting further response.”Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was launched by the company in January this year. As for the price, the Chinese manufacturer has priced the 2GB RAM version at Rs 9,999, the 3GB RAM variant at Rs 10,999 and the 4GB RAM variant at Rs 12,999. This is not the first time when a Xiaomi device has exploded. Last year in June, Ajay Raj Negi, a resident of Noida, Uttar Pradesh claimed that his Xiaomi Mi4i smartphone suddenly caught fire while he was “using his phone sitting at his office desk.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook