Sridevi died of accidental drowning, says Dubai in new twist to her death
DUBAI: Bollywood actor Sridevi died of accidental drowning in her hotel bath tub after losing consciousness, the Dubai government said on Monday, giving a dramatic twist to her sudden death that has stunned legions of fans and industry colleagues. The Dubai government said in a tweet that the police have transferred the case to the ‘Dubai Public Prosecution, which will carry out regular legal procedures followed in such cases. “Following the completion of post mortem analysis, Dubai police headquarters today stated that the death of the Indian actress Sridevi occurred due to drowning in her hotel apartment’s bath tub following loss of consciousness,” the Dubai government’s media office said on Twitter. It is not clear what caused Sridevi, 54, to lose consciousness, and whether the initial report of her death due to cardiac arrest still holds. Her death, which was first reported at around 3 am on Sunday in India, sent shock waves across the country with those who knew her at a loss to explain how she could have suffered cardiac arrest at such a young age. The latest report of accidental drowning only deepens the mystery surrounding her death. The Dubai-based Gulf News said in a report that the actor was under the influence of alcohol. She fell into the bathtub and drowned, it added. However, this could not be independently confirmed. Gulf News also attached a copy of the UAE government’s forensic report on its Twitter handle. The report, citing accidental drowning as the cause of death, has a stamp of the ‘Ministry of Health UAE’ and the director of preventive medicine, Dubai, Dr Sami Wadie.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook