Ludhiana: Major fire broke out in warehouse of Fastway Transmission at village Gill in Ludhiaan district on intervening night of Friday and Saturday. Luckily, no causality was reported from the spot but the Set Top Boxes and other items worth several crores were emerged into ashes. The fire was doused in 14 hours and more than 100 fire tenders were pressed in to bring the situation under control.
According to information, the fire engulfed at warehouse of Fastway Transmission Private Limited, located opposite to Bharat Petrol Pump, Alamgir Road, Village gill in Ludhiana district at around 12:10 Am. The impact of fire was so high that building was collapsed and set top boxes, machinery and other items worth several crores was gutted into fire. The call center of Fastway transmission was also located in the same building and entire equipments were emerged into ashes.
The Fire officials removed the debris with JCB machine and doused the fire. Apart from fire tenders, the pipes were connected with direct point of fire safety adjoining the warehouse.
Fire safety official said that after they were informed about the incident, the fire tenders from all the centers of district were rushed to spot. Later, the pipes were connected from direct point and situation was brought under control after 14 hours. They were removing the debris and dousing the flames of fire. He said that the reason behind the fire incident is uncertain but from the preliminary investigation, short circuit in electricity wires is said to be the reason behind the incident. He added that due to fire incident, the building was collapsed and material was gutted into fire.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook