Ludhiana: Children tend to play with common household items. Sometimes if left unattended they can swallow objects, which can get lodged in food pipe (esophagus) and cause major complication in child. Food pipe gets blocked and can also perforate (rupture) due to these sharp objects creating life-threatening situation.
Doctors at Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana saved life of 2-year-old girl who has swallowed sharp metallic object and that had got stuck in upper part of food pipe, close to windpipe. Doctors’ team led by Dr. Nitin Shanker Behl, Senior Consultant and Head of Gastroenterology Department, successfully removed endoscopcially foreign body stuck in food pipe. It was sharp metallic piece which had penetrated the esophagus (food pipe) and any further delay would have been life threatening.
Dr. Nitin Behl said that it was a difficult case as first metal piece was dislodged from food pipe and then removed with care. Giving further details, Vivan Singh Gill, Facility Director, said that special overtube required to remove sharp objects is available only in Fortis Hospital in this region.
Baby girl is now happy and healthy bringing smiles on face of her family members and everyone.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook