Ludhiana:A 22-year-old girl died and three other family members fell ill under mysterious circumstances at labour colony near Gill road on Tuesday. All the family members fell ill after they had food. From the preliminary investigation, the police is suspecting the case of food poisoning but also probing case from all angles. The Police also suspected that some persons have mixed some poisonous substance in the food.
All the family members were rushed to Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) where 22-year-old girl identified as Anny Singh died while her mother Prabhjit Kaur and two brothers Amarinderjit and Damanjit were undergoing treatment. Anny was student of M.com. Jasbir Singh, head of the family and father of deceased didn’t consume the food.
The Police officials said that they have recorded the statement of Jasbir Singh and now waiting for the statement of other family members who were undergoing treatment at hospital. The Post mortem of Anny Singh was conducted at civil hospital and the report of doctors will reveal the cause of death.
However, Jasbir Singh has stated to Police that his children came to house after playing Holi and consumed homemade food. Few minutes after having the food they fell ill and were rushed to hospital. His daughter Anny died while other family members were undergoing treatment.
Jasbir suspected that the food may be spurious by lizard, rodent or any other insect.
Investigation officer in the case Jagjit Singh of Police station Shimlapuri said that they have collected and sent the food samples at laboratory and are also waiting for the post mortem report. After recording the statement of other family members, post mortem and food samples report they will file the proceedings accordingly.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook