Ludhiana: Fire broke out at zonal office of Dena Bank at Chandigarh Road on Tuesday morning. Short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire incident that took place at the third floor of the building. The fire fighters broke the wall between the two offices to douse the flames.
No casualty was reported however a tragedy was also averted as when the fire fighter broke the door of the office the flames almost caught the fire fighters and then ran to save themselves said Jaswinder Singh, the one looking after the maintenance of the whole building.
Further Singh said that he came to know about the fire incident at around 5:30 am when a guard deputed at the ground floor saw flames coming out of the building and informed him.
Further he said that soon after that they informed the fire brigade. The fire brigade also faced tough time as the fire got spread in the whole office till the time fire brigade reached. Computers, cabins everything went up in smoke, he said.
VN Rai, Incharge of the Zonal office said it is a zonal office so there was no cash. It was only the record of the bank that perished in the fire incident. Further he said that most of the record was in hard copy but still they are working to stream line the work. Further he said it looks like the fire broke out due to short circuit but they will investigate into the matter.
Fire Safety Officer Rajinder Sharma said that soon after getting the information 7 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and they fire fighters were able to douse the flames in around four and a half hours. Further he said that no casualty was reported.
The fire fighters however raised hue and cry over no proper infrastructure available with the fire brigade. One of the fire fighters on requesting anonymity said that they have no proper infrastructure to douse flames in high rising building. They do not even have proper safety masks or apparatus. Mysterious fire broke out at Zonal Office of Dena Bank in Ludhiana
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook