Ferozepur: Fire broke out in the godown of Pungrain in Guruharsahai on the intervening night of Monday that caused huge loss estimated up to 25-30 lac to the state agency. This godown is situated at Guruharsahai Muktsar Road. Fire tenders from four districts had to struggle to control over the fire but in the mean time plenty of the stock turned in ashes.
Inspector Pungrain Sanjiv Narang stated that in the previoue night he learnt that the fire had broken out in the godown and he reached the spot immediately and tried to control the fire but as there were the wooden crates, tarpals, and jute bags lying, the fire could not be controlled and he intimated the SDM Guruharsahai, Food and Supplies department and fire brigades. The SDM called fire tenders from Ferozepur, Muktsar, Fazilika and Faridkot and the fire could be controlled only after 5 in the morning.
He said that at this stage the cause of the fire could not be revealed but as it was Gurpurab and there was heavy fireworks all around the area, some burning fire work may have caused the fire, because the roof of the godowns had holes in it due to the breakage in the roof.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook