Ludhiana:Under the Swatch Bharat Mission, around a dozen toilets will be put up at the busy public places of the city markets keeping in mind the cleanliness drive and health point of view. Dr. Charanjit Uppal, Municipal Corporation informed that they are just witnessing location for mobile toilets and when they would finalise it, they would release tenders afterwards and installation work would start there.
The basic aim of installing such toilets was to make the city neat and clean. In this project there would be separate urinals for both males and females. The best part is that there will be no filth on the roads. The toilets will be managed by attendants, who will ensure proper cleaning. As compared to public toilets, there will be no stink and unhygienic atmosphere in these vans.
On being asked about the cost of the van, he said that nearly Rs. 5.5 lakh and 40 per cent of the funds would be provided by Central govt., while remaining 60 per cent share would be taken care by CELL. Initially, we will put such mobile toilet at crowded places. In the Punjab, it will be our first venture and industrial city has been chosen because of its dense population. With an aim to bring cleanliness in the city, we are putting in our share like in the big cities Pune, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
Municipal Corporation is constantly watching the locations so that they could pass tenders and after their green signal work should be started on them so that the city should be neat and clean for the welfare of public. Moreover, toilets are the basic necessity of the human being and at many places of the city there is no public washroom which creates a lot of difficulty for the people. With it, this purpose would be solved but if any sweeper would be kept to clean it.
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook