Mohali: 1. Safety: (i) At least five ‘All Women Police Stations ‘in Mohali and (ii) Smart One-stop Safety Network with 100 pc CCTV coverage of public
places, linking with smart phones, CCTVs, and the integrated control centre in real time.
2. Youth and Sports: Multipurpose Open Air Sports Park and Gyms in villages.
3. Affordable Housing:(i) Affordable housing for weaker sections through credit linked subsidy (ii) Workers living in EWS houses to get ownership.
4. Development works to be initiated in wards with participation of residents to ensure transparency and utilisation of funds.
5. Water supply: Ensuring 24-hour drinking water supply.
6. Affordable health:
(i) Ward clinics and village clinics with facility of testing laboratory to ensure quality and affordable healthcare for all sections of society. (ii) Civil hospital to be upgraded to a
Modern General Hospital with affordable care
7. Army welfare: Completion of the Sainik Sadan in Phase X, Mohali.
8. Bus service: Local bus service linking all Mohali villages to the city and intercity bus service with Chandigarh, with free travel for elders (over 60 years) and for Blue Card holders and discounted pass to students up to university level.
9. Free Wi-Fi: Connectivity in public spaces across the city and at-least one location in each village.
10. Waste management: (i) Build Public Eco-toilets to save water and (ii) encourage use of good practices in waste management techniques including recycling by segregation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste at the household level.
11. Education: (i) Setting up of world-class educational institutions and (ii) Skill development centres.
12. Residential property changes: (i) Need-based policy for buildings to accommodate growing need for space to families and (ii) owners be permitted to get each storey of their buildings registered in separate names.
13. Go green: (i) Streetlights to be converted to Smart-LED street lights, (ii) Maintenance of parks and improvement of e sanitary conditions in the city.
14. Business and commerce: Upgrade of infrastructure and facilitate the IT and manufacturing industry to ensure that Mohali becomes a hub for such activities.
15. Extend public bicycle tracks to cover the entire constituency and promote cycling to reduce pollution.
16. Shifting of high tension cables from industrial areas of Mohali.
17. Wards to be formed into appropriate sized clusters for setting up modern fire brigade centres in the city along with recruitment of fire-fighters. A Fire and Emergency Planning Authority for Mohali to be established under the MC, Mohali.DP
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook