Ludhiana: In a little relief for commuters, the toll fares at Ladhowal Toll Plaza on Panipat-Jalandhar highway has been reduced by seven percent.
The new rates will be applicable from September 1.
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has also introduced the facility of yearly pass for commuters. Earlier, commuters can only get monthly pass for passing the Toll Plaza at Ladhowal, near Sutlej River in Ludhiana.
According to the new rates, Rs.3 to Rs.7 were reduced for the different vehicles.
The people residing in the limits of `10-Kms from the Toll Plaza can avail the facility of monthly pass for Rs.150. To get this benefit, one has to give residence proof to the authorities.
However, the rates have been reduced by 7 percent but still the rates were much high according to the Toll Plazas situated at National Highway from Panipat to Jalandhar.
It is pertinent to mention here that the Toll Plaza was established at Ladhowal around seven years ago but it is for the first time that the prices were reduced. At the time when toll fares were applicable Rs.70 was fixed for car but now the same vehicle has to pay Rs.119.
Charanpreet Kaur, a daily commuter said that she used to travel Jalandhar and back by car and have to shell out Rs.175 per day. The toll prices were unaffordable and the highway authority should fix the prices as applicable on other toll plazas.
New Toll fares w.e.f. Sept 1, 2016 to Aug 31, 2017
• Car/ van/ Jeep- Rs.116 (One way), 174 (Up and Down) , 3478 (Monthly Pass)
• Light Commercial Vehicles- Rs.203 (One way), Rs.304 (Up and Down), Rs.6087 (Monthly Pass)
• Bus and truck- Rs.406 (One way), Rs.609 (Up and Down), Rs.12174 (Monthly Pass)
Old toll fares
• Car, Van, Jeep- Rs.119 (One way) – Rs.1798 (Up and Down), Rs.3567 (Monthly Pass)
• Light Commercial Vehicle- Rs.208 (One way), Rs.312 (Up and Down), Rs.6243 (Monthly Pass)
• Bus and truck- Rs.416 (One way), Rs.624 (Up and Down), Rs.12485 (Monthly Pass)
For more news updates Follow and Like us on Facebook